by Chad Davis, Esq.
Halloween is right around the corner. As we all prepare our costumes and plan parties it is important to remember to be safe when trick-or-treating. Most schedules for your towns trick-or-treating can be found in your local newspapers or on your towns’ website.
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind while going door to door collecting treats:
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags in order to help drivers see you
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before enjoying them
- Hold a flashlight to help you see and others see you
- Always walk and don’t run from house to house
- Look both ways before crossing the street and use established crosswalks whenever possible
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult and never accept rides from strangers
Most importantly, have fun and Happy Halloween!
For more safety tips click here.