Motorcycles lack the protection and safety features found in regular motor vehicles. This lack of protection puts motorcyclists at an increased risk for sustaining serious, and often fatal, injuries in a crash. In fact, in 2016 alone, nearly 5,000 motorcyclists lost their lives in tragic motorcycle accidents. Even in accidents that occur at low speeds, motorcyclists often suffer catastrophic injuries that can result in a lifetime of pain, suffering, and disability.
If you’ve sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, it is important to retain the services of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Your attorney will negotiate with insurance companies so that you receive the compensation you need, all while protecting your rights throughout the legal process.
Before you hire a motorcycle accident attorney, however, here are 5 questions you need to ask.
- Have You Worked on Motorcycle Cases Like Mine? Motorcycle accidents are not all the same. A motorcyclist who has a traumatic brain injury as a result of being rear-ended will require a substantial amount more in terms of compensation than someone who has a broken bone from a dooring accident. Motorcycle accident attorneys who have experience representing different types of motorcycle accidents will know how to fight for the money you’ll need for your specific injuries.
- Do You Often Go To Trial? While a majority of motorcycle accident cases are settled out of court, it is important to know that your attorney is also an experienced litigator. Most trial lawyers are skilled negotiators and often obtain higher settlements for their clients. If your case should proceed to trial, you will rest easier knowing that you are in good hands with a law firm that can win all types of motorcycle accident cases.
- Will You or Another Attorney Work on My Case?In large law firms, it is not uncommon for a team of lawyers, paralegals, and other staff members to work on your case. It is important to know exactly who will be working on your case so you can develop a relationship with that person quickly.
- What Are Your Legal Fees? Most personal injury law firms work on a contingency basis, which means they only get paid if they can settle – or win – your case. It’s important to note, however, that there may be some fees that you will be required to pay. To avoid any misunderstandings or surprises, it’s best to know exactly what they are, as well as when you’ll be required to pay them.
- What Is My Case Worth? Your attorney should be able to give you an estimate of how much your case is worth, and what compensation you are entitled to. Once your attorney begins their investigation into your accident, this amount may change.
Have You Been Injured in a New Jersey Motorcycle Accident?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Vineland, Millville, Cumberland, Franklin, or anywhere else in the state of New Jersey, our law firm is on your side. The New Jersey motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosner Law Offices, P.C. will fight aggressively for your right to collect compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of future earnings, and bike damage. Contact us today at (856) 692-6500 to schedule your free initial case evaluation.