5 Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in an auto accident or other type of accident? If you’re feeling overwhelmed after an accident, or you are wondering what to do next, then it’s important to know you’re not alone. Personal injuries come out of nowhere, compromising your health and relegating you to life’s sidelines. Suddenly, you’re unable to do the things you love, not to mention the things you need to do to sustain your family, such as getting back to work as quickly as possible.
At Rosner Law Offices, P.C., we know how difficult it is to recover from a personal injury. We also know you have many options when it comes to choosing a lawyer to represent your interests and protect your rights. With so much riding on the outcome of your case, it is important to choose wisely. Here are five questions to ask any personal injury attorney you’re considering.
- 1. What Is Your Area of Practice?
- You probably wouldn’t see an obstetrician if you broke your arm. Additionally, you most likely wouldn’t take your Chevy vehicle to a mechanic who only works on Hondas. While these professionals have an educated idea about your problem, they don’t specialize in your exact situation.
- Legal issues are the same. If you have been injured in an accident, then you need a law firm devoted to personal injury. More importantly, you need litigators who routinely handle personal injury cases at trial.
- 2. How Do You Structure Your Fees?
- All personal injury attorneys in New Jersey work on contingency. That means that the law firm is taking on a risk in your case, too. If the lawyer is unsuccessful with your case, you don’t pay their fees.
- 3. Are You Accessible?
- We are available 24/7 by phone or email.
- 4. What Are Your Plans for My Case and How Long Will My Case Take?
- No one has a crystal ball to predict the future. However, your lawyer should have a solid idea of how to proceed in your case.
- Most people have heard horror stories of legal cases that dragged on for years. These then accumulate outrageous fees and leave clients in an uncomfortable and stressful limbo. It’s impossible for any lawyer to know exactly how long a case will take to work its way through discovery, the possibility of settlement, and trial. However, your lawyer should be able to give you a rough outline of the process and an estimate of how long each step should take.
- 5. What Do Your Past Clients Say About You?
- Find out what other clients have to say about your lawyer. You can also look online to see if previous clients had a good experience. For example, check out Google, Facebook and Yelp.
Call Rosner Law Offices, P.C. about Your Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, then call the New Jersey personal injury lawyers at Rosner Law Offices, P.C. today. Our lawyers are available now to speak to you. 856-692-6500.