Product Liability Lawyer Vinaland, New Jersey
Most people purchase hundreds of consumer products each year. From prescription drugs and computer equipment to motor vehicles and small appliances, consumer goods generally make life easier, healthier, and more pleasant. Companies that design, make, and sell these products are required to make sure their products are safe.
Despite strict laws governing consumer products in the United States, dangerous products still make their way onto store shelves, where they end up in people’s homes and in the hands of children and loved ones.
At Rosner Law Offices, P.C., we have built a reputation for standing up to the large multinational companies that make these products. Whether someone is injured by a defective drug, or a child is hurt by a dangerous toy, we fight back against companies more interested in turning a profit than producing a safe and dependable product. If you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous or defective product or drug, product liability lawyer in Vineland, New Jersey can help you get the compensation you deserve.
The Products Liability Cases We Handle
“Products liability” is something of an umbrella term used to describe personal injury cases involving a dangerous or defective consumer good. In our practice, we represent people who have been injured by a wide range of products, including:
- Motor vehicles
- Computers and electronics
- Lawn and garden tools and equipment
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices and implants
- Recreational vehicles, such as ATVs
Over the years, many infamous cases have highlighted just how deadly a manufacturer’s error can be – especially when a manufacturer knows its product is dangerous and does nothing to warn the public. In the most egregious cases, a manufacturer is made aware of deaths associated with its product and still fails to pull the product from the chain of commerce. Perhaps the most relevant and noteworthy example is the Takata air bag recall, which currently stands as the largest automotive-related recall in U.S. history.
Who Is Responsible When a Product Causes Injury?
Products liability cases can be complicated, which is why it’s important to work with lawyers who regularly handle these types of cases. Generally, there are three categories of products liability cases.
- Negligent design. A product’s designer can be held liable for injuries caused by a fundamental flaw in the product’s design. In these cases, the injured person must usually show that the product could have been designed in a way that would have maintained the product’s function without compromising safety.
- Negligent manufacture. In some cases, a product is designed safely, but a flaw during the manufacturing process makes a particular unit or production run unsafe for use. A recent example of this is the massive recall issued for children’s Tylenol and other pain relievers, after consumers discovered that certain bottles were paired with the wrong dosage cup.
- Failure to warn. Product manufacturers and merchandisers have an obligation to provide adequate instructions regarding the intended use and safe operation of their products. They also have a legal duty to anticipate unsafe uses and to warn consumers of possible dangers associated with unintended use.
Contact Product Liability Lawyer New Jersey
If you have been injured by a defective drug, unsafe medical device, or any kind of dangerous or defective product, our Product Liability Lawyer New Jersey can help you protect your legal rights. Get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call Rosner Law Offices, P.C. today to receive your free case evaluation. You can reach us by phone or through our online contact
form. A products liability lawyer is available to speak to you today. Call (856) 692-6500
or contact us via online contact form